Saturday, August 25, 2007

Gearing Up

It's almost time for back-to-school! my youngest will be in third grade; middle will be a fifth grader; and eldest will begin what is supposed to be his junior year as a sophomore even though he's still technically a half a credit short of finishing his freshman year. I have to say this has been a most difficult summer for me. The youngest two were home for most of the summer, fighting more than they played and although we've been very busy, we haven't done much that has constituted a vacation. I'm ready for them to go back to school. The eldest, Zack, has done his share of jail time this summer and I'm glad that he'll have something he's supposed to be focusing on. Hopefully he'll hunker down this year and try to do a good job.

For the remainder of this summer break we are doing stuff. Monday we leave to go camping for four days with two other families that are dear friends. Thursday we'll take the kids to my mom's and leave them there on Friday while James and I go on a romantic getaway to an undisclosed location. We come home Monday and the kids go back to school on Tuesday! Hooray!!

During the second week of September I have an interview for the doula program through the Mother Baby Center. I have been waiting since May for this and I am so excited. I also have a client due on September 10 and I'm praying that she doesn't go into labor a couple of weeks early.

Hope you've all had a happy summer.

1 comment:

clara said...

Good luck with your interview & with back to school!